Wednesday, January 5, 2011

What do People Do All Day?

Remember that book?  Well we had a real life what to do with ourselves pondering due to the car situation.  We are officially down one car, so  I've been home bound now for 2 days while Kevin takes my car to work.  So I thought I would give an insight into what our daily goings on here are.  Just in case you needed any ideas for 12+ hours straight with your own kids:).
First we wake up.  Charlie plays with trains, Callie colors, and Jack and I, in his words "Snuggle and mwatch the mews." (That's snuggle and watch the news, to you non-kid adults out there).  
Then they usually all retreat to the play room for a fun round of Couch Jump.  Yes, it should be capitalized, I've made it a real sport.  And, if you aren't particuarly concerned about your furnishings, or broken arms, you too can show this to your children.  It entertains for a good 30 mintues.  Get's them worn out, and is, exactly what it sounds like.  Jump from couch to couch, up and down, back and down around again.  Sometimes getting popped by your bro, and sometimes getting a nice Rapunzel hair pull if your a lady.   Marvelous.
Check it out:




Future Gold Metalists.  Once this makes it to the Olympics
  Next, we eat.  And then retreat to rooms for a much needed nap time.  The boys without fail remove their pants every time, and that's the end of the day for leg wear if we are inside. It's a battle I refuse to take up.  Someday they will realize it's not socially acceptable.  But hey, why spoil it now?

Snack time after lunch, then today, painting!  I surprised myself at how un-uptight I was during the mess making session.  However, thanks to my neighbor who GAVE the finger paint to Callie (not Me).. I couldn't hide it.  So I loosened up, and let them have some fun.

Guess what comes next?  Right-o.  More couch jumping.  Although this time it was moved to the bigger, better to them, family room digs.  My authority by 4pm is pretty much shot, so whatever keeps them from yelling or screaming, I'll allow. 




Finally, after a long day, dinner, and some baths, it's time to hit the sack.  These kids are worn out from a big day of activity, and I'm tired of putting my cushions back on the couches 20 thousand times. 


They are asking for kisses... not pleading for a Jail Free card.

And that's what we do here.  Super fun.  Always entertaining, and always without pants. 

2 comments:

  1. Your neighbor gave HER the paint? I think you should give HER kids a drum set. ;) Did I say that out loud?

    Adorable photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so you know, we allow couch jumping and coffee table dancing in this household!

    ReplyDelete