Monday, September 6, 2010

Where Everybody Knows Your Name



Remember in highschool when everything seemed ackward and you just couldn't wait to get out into the real world and really "live"?  Well reality has struck here, and this weekend I realized that my highschool bubble was not as rough as it seemed.  It was 10 year reunion time for our Worthington Christian highschool class. Seeing that my husband was the president of the class, and therefore had to plan the shindig... we were mandatory attendees.  The pre-party had all of the usual fixings for a nerve wracked, what to wear, run more than I ever have the week before, stress fest.  But holy moly was it worth it. 
Coming off of a string of 6 years where life consists of a never ending strand of introductions to new people and new places, it was almost magical to me to be in a room surrounded by friends who have known me and the hubs since before we were "me and the hubs."   No "Hi my name is" there.  Just true genuine friendly faces that to my amazement are still friendly, ten years later.  I've been needing a Cheers moment for a while now, and this weekend was just the fix that I craved.  More than that, it made a impact on me that relationships built on the rock of Christ will survive time and distance in any circumstances.  Pretty cool if you ask me. And I must say, I was just as smitten with the class president as I was all those years ago.   He sure does age well.

Here are some pictures from the evening. 
My dear friends Margaret Cook and Sarah Shank
The guys.. Jack, Jonathan, Michael, Kyle, and President Kevin
Family Park Day

No comments:

Post a Comment