Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Reinvestment and Recovery Act: Mitchell Style

Jumping on the current Government's bandwagon is not something that I have been "all about" lately.  However they did have a genious idea that although doesn't work for my politics, does in fact work for my interior design. 
I am a girl who is crazy for a project.  Any project, so long as it doesn't make me sweat too much, stays away from poisonous leaves, and in the end beautifies my home... I am interested. 
This new project, that I am coining my "Reinvestment and Recovery Act" has to do with some antique chairs, some stain, a little fabric, a mighty staple gun (my fav), and an oh so hot glue gun.  In other words, I am "Investing in the long term beauty of my dining room by restaining and recovering some Ugly, and making some Fabulous." 
I won't bother you with the details of the how, except for one: MOM.  Yep, I wouldn't have been able to make that first cut into the fabric if she wouldn't have been the one actually holding the scissors:).  I stapled, and she held the fabric, I told her "Yes We Can"... and she let me believe.  We marched ourselves over to the local "Recovery Room"... and marched ourselves right back out.  Who needs a professional when you have will power and an empty wallet to motivate you? 
So here's to the Mitchell Recovery Act.  It doesn't build bridges, but it doesn't raise your taxes either.  You may not like the style for YOUR house, but it also doesn't saddle your kids with debt.  All I know is that this year, when Thanksgiving finds itself around my dining room table, there will be some pretty sweet chairs to match that yummy Turkey. 
Before
Side chairs and Captain Chair


After.. Double Piping and All
Note:  If you are totally confused by the title of this entry, you MAY want to stop reading blogs and start watching the news:).

4 comments:

  1. They are BEAUTIFUL!! Worth every moment of blood, sweat, and (if you're anything like me)tears. Can't wait to enjoy Thanksgiving at your place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chairs are fantastic! Good job, you (and your mom!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so wait let me get this straight.... you remodel, take care of three kids, make thanksgiving dinners (for people other than just you and your family).... ummm can you please come visit and HELP me in colorado :) the chairs look great! love ya!

    ReplyDelete