Sunday, November 21, 2010

Happy Birthday

My sister Sarah has her 30th birthday this Monday, the 22nd.  Sadly, she currently lives in France, so a Happy Birthday rendition on her front porch steps is out of reach at this point.  However, a Happy Birthday blog-out, is not. 
I was blessed with 2 sisters growing up.  Sarah, 18 months older, and Rachel, 2 years younger.  Which makes me the middle child... and is totally a blog post waiting to happen...but another day.
Both of my sisters are loving, encouraging, and close confidants.  My high school years would never have been the same without them, and we still talk today multiple times a week by phone.  I love having sisters.  Maybe not so much in the drag it out, fight out- smack down of high school... but after we stopped sharing clothes, the heavens cheered and we became friends. 
So this post is for you, Sarah.  I promise Rachel, that come August 18th... you will be the all-star. 
Happy 30th birthday, to my favorite older sister.  I am so proud of the way that you took on France, scary and lonely as it was.  You learned the language, and can now even make jokes in French.  Something I'm still struggling to do, in English.  You inspire me to run farther, eat better, and buy cooler clothes.  You allowed me to live vicariously through you on your journey to Joe Jeans, and you introduced me to my favorite among all favorite Gap Jeans.  Of which Kevin will be forever grateful. 
You have been my number one cheerleader as I struggle to be a mom of twins.  You have seen me at my worst moments, and still find a way to make things seem positive.  I know that I am being prayed for by you, even all the way from France. 
You have answered my crying phone call every time I moved.  Telling me kindly to stop my sobbing, and be kind to Kevin.  You were there when I had no friends, and you rejoiced with me when I found them.  You were struggling in a new country, yet were able to Thank Jesus for my excitement. 
I am praying that this will be a good birthday for you.  That it will be an encouragement of where you have been and what is to come.  Maybe some day we can live in that compound together... but until then, I am grateful for a good phone connection.   So go and treat yourself today, and remember that lots of people in the good US of A love you so much. 
Happy 30th.

No comments:

Post a Comment