Saturday, November 27, 2010

Black Friday

After we had our fun filled Thanksgiving day (see previous post)... we carried on the tradition of going out with all of the other crazies and hunting down the best deals in town.  My sister Rachel, my mom, and I, slept in our clothes, slapped some water on our faces at 4am.. and were pulling through McDonalds by 4:40am.  It's one of my favorite days of the year.  One, because I get to hang out with my sister and mom (although we missed Sarah a lot), and two, because it's the one day a year when looking like you've had no sleep and didn't wash your hair is totally an acceptable practice.  (The rest of the year I also do that.. but I stick out instead of blending in:). 
So off we headed to Walmart to find a not so secret gift of a GPS for Kevin.  You can bet I was pretty pumped when the old man handing out wrist bands to the first 50 customers had enough for me!  I pretty sure I asked him if I won, and he gave me the strange... how early do you drink your coffee, lady.. look.  Next we found some cheep-o comfy pants for 5 bucks at old navy. Because I can never have enough black sweat pants.  And Callie landed herself a new pair of $10 jeans. 
Eventually we made it to the mall with the rest of the City.  Around 9:00, we realized that it was getting to be that time when looking really bad wasn't all that accepted anymore, and we may want to make our way home to take care of the 14 people still at my house. 
But it was another great day in a string of: Kevin doesn't has to work, and I have people at my house watching my kids while I shop... days, so I enjoyed it very much.  I can't wait to do it again next year!

In line with our Breakfast Burrito's, wrist bands, and coffee




1 comment: