Thursday, November 18, 2010

A BIG Thank You

I am a self admitted, very emotional runner.  I basically decide that I will run depending on whether or not I like the days music selection on my ipod, or whether or not I could fit into my favorite jeans.  I like it when it's over with.  I'm not so much of the "but it's all about the journey," girl. 
Which is why when I lost my ipod a few weeks ago, things were very sad in my running department.  I had lost my point, my motivation for literally spinning my legs, going nowhere, on a treadmill.  Without Kelly Clarkson or spiritual encouragement (yep, listen to both during the same run)... I was definitely not going to be getting in shape for my big Thanksgiving meal. 
Until, my friends, my super cool husband decided to surprise me with a brand new shiny ipod shuffle the other night.  He told me he had to stop on the way home to pick something up for me.  Which I immediately thought were flowers.  Would have been nice, of course, but this was so much better. 
So now, I am one happy runner again.  No more fiddling around with an ancient MP3 player from back in the day when itunes was a sparkle in Steve Job's mind.  This girl is back in the century, and back on the treadmill.  So happy in fact, that yesterday I'm not sure I stopped smiling the entire run.  And no, it wasn't even because I was watching free cable at the Y.   - although I do enjoy that too. 
So thank you Kevin.  What a good gift, and a great surprise. And bonus for you... you just guaranteed yourself at least a few more years of my 20 something backside, still looking like a 20 something backside. 
Happy Running Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment