Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Not So Terrible Twos

Cue the chorus, Hallelujah, they are two.  And that makes this mom very happy.  I am a true believer that the "terrible twos" occur between 18 to 24 months, or in other words, BEFORE the child turns two.  At least that has been my experience three times over so far.  I find the six months before the second birthday to be extremely challenging, full of children who cannot find words and a mom and dad who cannot for all of their efforts please the needy kids.  They are hungry, they cry.  A toy is wanted, they cry.  They are hot, cold, tired, sick, bored, awake, poopy, or all around great... and they still cry.  Seeing that my kids begin to talk slightly later than most, this phase lasts a good six months, and lifts when they begin to talk... around 2 years.  
So although I realize that there are many crazy and difficult days ahead, I am choosing to right now be thankful for my sweet TWO year old little boys, and enjoy the new phase that we have now entered. 
Here are some fun pictures from a wonderful birthday party today, and our annul photo op with mom and dad to mark our growing boys.  (Can you imagine what these will look like when we are 50 and they are 24?... because I will for sure still be forcing them to take these!).
Week One

Year One

Year Two

Not so thrilled with the cupcakes

Birthday Friends

All of our families that traveled for the special day
 

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday little buddies! I'm sorry we missed your party but you looked adorable and so big. I am proud to be your auntie and love you lots and lots. xoxo

    ReplyDelete