Friday, October 29, 2010

Rome

Let's be honest.  Rome Wasn't Built in a Day.  And this Rome of a house, I'm afraid got a little cocky last posting; puffing a little too much on all the goings on here.  Don't get me wrong, there is A LOT of organization brewing, along with multiple cups of coffee.  But today I was a bit worried that I may have stressed out a few of my friends who have recently become mothers, leaving them wondering whether it's just them?  Or does everyone else have it together while they can't remember when their last shower was.  So here's my list.  My secret list that I pray will be kept secret (until of course, I got a blog:).  You know the one that all mom's have about how things happen in their houses once the doors are shut and they no longer worry about judgemental bystanders?  Yep, that one.
So here goes the, "I'm so not calm all the time, or have a clean house, and every closet in my house is maybe not so organized... list."
1. I usually don't shower until midnight.  (that means I look totally non-hot all day long).
2. I'm pretty sure I'm the worst dressed mom in the preschool pickup line.  In fact, I was told the other day that I actually make people feel better about the way they look.  Should I be worried?
3.  I sometimes have to strain to push my laundry door open due to the huge pile of dirty clothes behind the door.
4. My kids are very good at watching movies.  ie: practice makes perfect:)
5. I drove a whole 15 minutes yesterday before I realized I had brought the dirty bag of poop diapers in my passenger seat.  That smelled yummy.
6. Callie talks like a perfect Valley Girl on her fake cell phone. Wonder who she got that from?
7. I'm pretty selfish about the musical choices in the car.  I listen to more talk radio than kids praise music.  Mommy's friends are talking to her!
8. Tonight during dinner we forgot to pray, but listened to Justin Beiber and Katie Perry's California Gurls. 
9. I yell too much.  Working on it... but still too much.
10. Books without pictures?  I'm not familiar.
11. I Can't remember when my shower was cleaned last.  I just spray some Scrubbing Bubbles on it randomly and hope that does the job.
12. My idea of a stress relief is pulling into a fast food drive through, and sinking into a cheeseburger, hold the onions and pickles, fries, and a large Diet Coke.  I'm pretty sure I was programmed as a child to associate a good McDonald's run with World Peace.  Or at least Head Peace. 

There you have it.  Now, ask yourself.... do YOU feel better reading that?  Because now I have to go make sure my garage, and my front doors are closed.

1 comment:

  1. you make me laugh out loud every time i read your post... just read it out loud to my mom, dad, and matt... hope you don't mind ;) love you!!!

    ReplyDelete