Saturday, April 2, 2011

Oh Weekend, Oh Weekend

I take our weekends here pretty seriously.   I'm kinda like a self professed weekend slave-driver.   Not in the slave driver, work till you drop sense that has been given to all Johnson's (my maiden name)... but a "you better not be going into work again," slave driver. Not great for a wife with a husband with a very demanding job.  But we have worked on it, and he has learned how to protect those precious few days from lots of computer time, and I have learned how to control my eye rolling every time the computer is turned on.  

So this weekend, after a few very hectic, very busy, Kevin at the office all day long Saturdays, my sacred two days have returned.  Holy moly is it nice.  No sleeping in, of course (we've got three kids for goodness sake)... and not a super relaxing coffee hour breakfast (again, 3 kids).  But after the rush of the morning, the kids retreat to the basement to "do their business" in their diapers, and Kevin and I had some time to relax.  And double bonus: the cable guy was here, actually installing cable.  Turns out having a triple play is cheaper than trying to go without TV. Seriously.

If the day would have ended there, I might have been happy.  HGTV is back in my living room!  But no, we were enjoying ourselves too much.  So we napped,  we Family shopped at Meijer, (my fav), and we had a nutritious dinner at Burger King.  All while watching a Final Four game.  No home improvement to speak of, and the Blackberry was actually lost most of the day.  Beautiful:).

All families need to rest together at least one day a week, in my opinion.  It's the glue that keeps us all ticking.  So welcome back, dear weekend.  You have been missed, and needed.  It's nice to have a familiar friend back in the family plan.

2 comments:

  1. Can you tell me how cable is cheaper than no cable, please? We've been without cable for several months ... and I think Chris is going to die soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comcaast raised our rates on our phone/ internet combo, from 60/month to 100. So when I called to say I was going to switch companies, the guy "magically" found a triple play for 89/month, plus $7 modem charge. Online, they didn't have anything that cheep for just the phone/ internet. I'm sure I could have pressed them for a cheaper price on phone/ internet, but with baby coming, we know that we may need some extra late night shows that non-cable doesn't offer!

    ReplyDelete