Monday, March 14, 2011

Move Over Beethoven

Yes, it may take a few years, and some unexpected flash of music genius.  But today we are officially on our way to creating three little musicians in our house.  Or at least one step closer to actually having a way to practice if our kids should decide that piano lessons are in their future.

Kevin's Grandpa Bill kindly gave us his baby grand piano, and his parents generously had it shipped to my living room.  It's a beautiful antique, even if none of us ever become players at Carnegie Hall.  At least I like how it looks in my living room. 

So the question becomes, at what age should I start Callie at her lessons?  If I were a Tiger Mom, I'm sure I would have had a teacher here when the piano arrived.  But I'm not.  I just hope she practices a bit more than I did way back when.  I was too obsessed with making it home to watch "Hey Dude" than I was to concentrate on what my teacher was telling me.  What can I say, for a not so outdoorsy girl, that Dude Ranch captured all of my Nickelodeon interest. 

And just so my family is aware.  I've already tested it.  "Thy Word" has busted it's way through this house, even without the sheet music.  I was a bit rusty, but I'm sure with a few more days of playing the same song over and over again (because it's all I know how to play)... like Celine said, It will begin to all come back to me now:). 

So thank you Grandpa Bill, and Peggy and Geoff.  We feel very lucky to have it now in our house.  Here's hoping that someday we will be able to do it justice, and let it play like it used to under the fingers of Grandma Jo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment