Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Compressed Excitement

Today was a big day in my life as a part time construction apprentice.  I have a lot of hero's, Moses from the Bible, George W. from the White House, and John Adams from way back when.  But my hero in the realm of redoing and rehabbing is Amy Matthews.  She's on the DIY network, hosting the show, Sweat Equity.  She's the real deal.  A licensed contractor who can handle power tools like no ones business.


You Go Girl
 So, when I find myself in the midst of another room redo (like our current Master Bedroom project), I try to channel, "What would Amy Do?"  But there was always one area that no matter how hard I would try, I was still at the mercy of Kevin's busy work schedule, and his limited time to help me.  Not today friends. 

Today, (after a brief tutorial from Kev last night), I mastered the nail gun.  The loud one, attached to an air compressor.  The one that makes it sound like there is a real construction crew working upstairs.  It was awesome.  I'm pretty sure Callie thought I was as cool as I felt.  She sat on the bed, a safe distance away, while I nailed in the wood trim like an old pro.  I only had to tear out one mistake, but quickly found my way back to Amy land. 

Needless to say, Kevin's nights will now be less filled with my sad pleading for help, and nap time for the kids may be a bit louder as the compressor does it's job.  This house is becoming complete, and I can finally sleep in my bedroom again.  All great things for everyone. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is impressive and frightening all at the same time. I would feel much better knowing that you have also taught Callie how to dial 9-1-1 in case of an emergency. Not that you would need it, thats just the safety freak in me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool!!! You are now my new hero. That should be on your window somewhere (you know, some people have an ADT security sign there). Yours should say "I have a pneumatic nail gun and I know how to use it" or "Pregnancy hormones and a nail gun--any questions?" HA HA

    Congratulations on your new tool and your home improvement accomplishments!

    Melissa Wever

    ReplyDelete