Wednesday, February 9, 2011

You Know You're Old When....

I've been M.I.B.W. (That's, "Missing in Blog World") for all you confused readers... but I'm back, with my 10 minutes before bath time write up. 
There has been a lot of excitement around here lately:  For starters, my sister Sarah surprised us all with an impromptu trip home from France last week.  Which meant we all collided at my parents house for a week of fun, filled with 7 children under the age of 5.  Insane, that's pretty much how it went.  It was fun, but throw in the flu for me, a few kids, and an unlucky husband... and this gal is feelin' like 28 is the new 55. 
I'll post pictures later of the trip.  But this post is past that. 
I've been feeling pretty tired lately, which in turn makes one feel older than the birth certificate claims.  Like.. 10 years older.  But I guess three kids could do that too.  Correction: Three kids who have decided that play time during night time is the new, daytime.  (did you get that?). 
Callie prefers to puke every few days around 4am.  Which we think we are narrowing down to a food allergy. (weird, yes).  And the boys are saddled down with such a cough that their light sleeping mother is awoken every hour or so by a little one and a coughing fit. 
Needless to say.. I'm beginning to feel outnumbered more than ever, even with my tall side kick helping every step of the way with puke buckets, Vicks vapor rub... and the occasional "We'll get through it" snore.
So it came to be that a much needed date night was in store for this Saturday.  To which I called my newest favorite sitter (since my old fav. decided to have a kid of her own:).... and booked her.  Until 10pm, that is. 
You see, she's young, she's hip, and she's got no kids with a boyfriend, good thing. 
So when I ask if she is busy with a hot date the Saturday before Valentines Day, she responds, "oh, we will go out later."  Later?  Like, after we get home, later?  Like, later than 9:30?  Do people do that anymore?  To which I responded, "Ha!  No problem honey".  This Mom will be in her footie pj's come 10pm... night club unneeded. 
But my favorite was Kevin's response.... "We need to be home anyway in order to watch Dateline". 
Yep, and that, folks, is how you know, when you are getting old.

3 comments:

  1. Bahaha. Seriously. We're always home by 9:30 on date night and in bed at 10. So sad ... sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know the last time I saw the clock turn double digits on a date night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, sounds like you have your hands full...hope everyone feels better soon. Enjoy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete