Thursday, December 9, 2010

Stop Looking at Me

Here in the Mitchell house we struggle with our looks.  Meaning, our eyebrows can do more twists and turns than you would believe.  It's a harsh reality for us creative types that wear our emotions for all to see.  In fact, a common saying here is.. 'Raise your Eyebrows!'  I'll admit, I can make a face with the best of them. But lucky for me, I'm not good at self photos... but I am good at taking them of others.
Kevin, being the main recipient of the saying (the man wears his thoughts in his brows).. gave his permission to give a sample of this lovely face. 
So here is "daddy's"

Seriously... this man was blessed with some brows

And here is his son.  I'm thinking this is a Like Father Like son trait, Yes?

 You can only imagine what this face will look like when his hair grows in.  Oh wait.. no need to imagine.  Just scroll back up and take a peek at the DNA. 
Not to worry though.  Besides the face, Jack tends to be a major snuggler and lover.  Plus, at least when he gets to high school, we will know exactly what's going on in his head.  No sly hiding the girlfriend in his room for this boy. 
But we are working on the looks in the meantime.  And I mean all of us.  So please, if you see our eyebrows out and about before you see our lovely eyes, just kindly remind us to "please raise your eyebrows."  Remember what your mom always told you.  If you make a look long enough, your face might freeze in the position forever.  Gosh I hope not.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post. It makes me smile. Real big. With raised eyebrows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute - little jack's expression is great :)

    ReplyDelete