Wednesday, December 22, 2010

It's Time

It is fitting to me, that as this year soon will draw to a close, so too, has my computer screen.  It's on it's final days as a viewable option to any email, itune, or online look-up.  Really people... these boys did a doosey on this baby.  It's wonderful that I can still type because I have genius computer people in the family who hooked me up so I could view it through my TV.  But the kids only like sharing their cartoon time with mommy for so long. 
So today, it's to the repair shop.  Time to find out just how expensive kids really are.  And even though Kevin offered to buy me a brand spankin new laptop for Christmas,  we thought that we should at least try to see if we can get the screen fixed for less than Best Buy was offering.  Budget.. gotta always be on it.
Blog posts, (thank goodness right?) are sure to continue from good old Columbus, Ohio.  Due to the fact that my parents house is a laptop haven... I'm pretty sure every couch cushion comes standard with a laptop.  As Kevin dubbed it "Family laptop hour."  Yep, that's us Johnson's.  We L-O-V-E our computer bonding time in front of my parents ginormous flat screen.  Really, that's not even sarcastic.  It's like the saying, "There's always room for one more"... well that's true for my mom's dinners as well.. but it also suits my Dad's view of technology.  You come to their house,  and you can be sure that there will be a computer available to check your emails.  He's famous for setting up guests with a Internet connection, a TV, and good coffee. 
So it's off to Christmas break with a quick stop first at the local computer store.  Here's hoping that those men who were huge nerds in high school, now turned wealthy computer geeks, will know just how to get this baby back up, and viewable, again.
Merry Christmas!!

1 comment:

  1. Hope the computer screen pops back up with ease...maybe we will see you while you are in Columbus. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete