Sunday, March 10, 2013

A lot of pictures instead of a thousand words...

We are back, we had a great time.  We relaxed, ate a lot, laughed a lot, missed the kids a lot, and saw gorgeous islands that some day if I win the lottery I would consider purchasing.  Other than that, I think it's just better to start the slide show, because that is what really tells the story of our vacation.
Oh yes, and a waiter asked if we were on our honeymoon.  Which, obviously, made my year.  If you think we are that young and you can't tell by looking that I have four kids somewhere across the ocean, even if you just want a massive tip... well yes, I am that shallow, and I would tip for a compliment.  Seven day Date: a Success!

Day 1: Crisis averted, I found my sunglasses

Kevin claimed he was just really excited about endless coffee. 

Interesting towel displays every night

View from back of ship during lunch.  I could get used to that

Oh yes we are that fun

Ahoy!  Land!

Waving to the Land.  After 2 sea days, it was exciting

San Juan Port

Really... land!

Old San Juan

Wall along Old San Juan Port


My, "hey there's a cat in there!" face



Cristo Chapel, San Juan



San Juan Cathedral: Second oldest Cathedral in America.  Of course, really cool for us.  You've read my other blogs, correct?

This place was filled with cats!

San Juan Cathedral and my new Coach purse.  Oh how I love Vacation Kevin

If the economy gets bad.....

After considering being a Barrista, we found the court house

Look, it was bankruptcy court! Kevin could move right in.  Then, we smiled our way into a tour of the court house.  Kevin said it was very "Jan Johnson" of me.  (That's a go getter attitude, mom.  It's a compliment!)

Entering St. Marteen Port

Where's the Ship?

Gorgeous Beach. 

St. Marteen



El Presidente es delish!


No beach is complete without a man selling fresh coconuts out of a wheelbarrow.  And his machete

Trying my first sip of real coconut water.  Not super impressed.  But totally worth the $5 to try

We continued our Catholic Tour of the St. Islands, at St Martin 

Statue of St. Martin of Tours, Bishop, 371 - 397 (who Island was thought to be named after by Christopher Columbus)

Dinner on the Ship

Interesting "world tour" restaurant

St. Kitts... On the Left, Atlantic Ocean.  On the Right, Carribbean

This place was unbelievable

Because when you are on a boat, why wouldn't you think about buying a 1,000 watch that comes with it's own bullet proof case? Then again, who tries to shoot a watch? 

Oh yes he did

Safety first

For my Dad.  Always open Dad, Always available

When a chair looks like this, it just makes you pose

In the "nest" .. a level on the ship for reading nooks

Night Lawyer. And of course we act like this in public.  It's only fitting when our kids are gone

Mid ship. 

Weird art all across ship makes for Mitchell's acting weird
 

1 comment:

  1. you DO look like honeymooners :) So glad you got away, you totally deserved it! You guys are the best and i wish we lived closer!

    ReplyDelete