Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Open for Business

I closed the blog because I needed a break.  A break from people looking at my previous entry and making judgements, a break from thinking about what those judgments were, and a break from coming back to the blog with a witty post that would seem as if the previous entry was a blip in the life of an otherwise busy mom who cares about house decor and the latest Gap sale than she does religion.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the Gap. My Banana Luxe card is obvious proof of that.  Yet this change in our lives has been so huge, that it's hard to write about anything else.  With that said, and with full knowledge that anyone who reads this little blog of mine doesn't always approve of, or want to hear about all things "Catholic".. I have decided that I am going to give myself a break and make a compromise.  I wouldn't be the same writer if I had to hide a huge part of my life, but I don't want that huge part to overshadow all of the other great things that I think about, or participate in, with the family.

So my compromise is that once a month I will do a specific post dedicated to what we have been learning spiritually, whether it be about the Catholic faith or personally what God is teaching us at the moment, even if it isn't specifically "Catholic."  If someone doesn't want to read those posts, great.  No harm done.  I will be sure to label the title so that it is clear what the post is about.

As I have said before, I'm not an apologist, so curb your judgements accordingly.  But I have been moved and am being changed to the core by what I have learned.  And because I have been instructed to "always give a reason for the hope that is within me".... I am going to do, just that.

So I am re-opening the blog, for that small dedicated handful of readers.  And I must say, it feels nice to write publicly, again.  Even if eyes are rolling and "there they go again" comments are being said.  But before you can say, "you're an idiot," I will have better posts up about our upcoming cruise and ice skating adventures.  Family time doesn't stop just because I started going to Mass.  And that, is something that I can definitely, continue to write home about.

2 comments:

  1. I love you! I can't wait to read about how the Lord has transformed and continues to transform your heart and life. This process of sanctification, while sometimes painful in one's own life, is such a beautiful thing to watch in another's life. Continuing to pray the Lord shows Himself to you as you seek His face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot to tell me you reopened the blog. And, since I'm clearly just discovering this 3 months later, you also forgot your once a month learning posts in April, May, and possibly June. (PS - I discovered your reopen blog when I went to reopen mine). :)

    ReplyDelete