Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Going Insane


Shaun T just emailed me.  We aren't close yet, but as the uber buff instructor of the workout videos, Insanity... I am planning on getting to know him well in the next 60 days.  Yes, we are going to become Insane, and take the challenge.  Or die.  Either way, will be doing something.

I had watched enough Sunday morning infomercials while simultaneously lunging and squatting to make my just washed jeans a tad bit loser.  As Kevin would roll his eyes, and I proceeded to grumble something inevitably about pregnancy, twins, and that darn ice cream the night before, I made a decision.  We would be jean stretching, baby blaming fatties no more.  We were going to get in shape, and I was going to do it by my 30th birthday.  Which conveniently is around 60 days from now, and in the time that Shaun T tells me I can go from squishy Kimmy to Rock Solid Mitchell. Or at least that's what the testimonials claim.  Admittedly, I did not sell my entire children's college funds for the protein powder, advanced workouts, or the rubber mat.  But I'm still hoping that there are enough results to help me gracefully (and buffly) enter into my 30's.

Kev's going to do it with me.  So we can be each others moral support.  Or we can go in and sneak ice cream together while our kids watch Shaun T for movie night.  Mommy's bad moods might look pretty calm compared to a huge workout guy screaming in the TV.

So there it is.  I have posted it on the blog now in order to feel pressure from my three readers.  I will not, I repeat not, post any before or after photos.  I'm not that vain,  nor that brave.  I'm just hoping that come anniversary and birthday time, I can maybe spend more time curling my hair than squatting in my jeans.

No comments:

Post a Comment